Czech Diabetes Society (ČDS) is a non-profit, multidisciplinary, academic and scientific organization dedicated to study and education around diabetes management and representing the health care professionals in the Czech Republic interested in diabetes and related subjects.
The society was founded in 1963 as a part of Czech Medical Society of Jan Evangelista Purkyně.
The mission of ČDS is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the life of people with diabetes in the Czech Republic and to promote excellence in diabetes care through research and education
The main activities of ČDS
- providing recommendations for the care of patients with diabetes and its complications
- guaranteeing postgraduate education in diabetes and related subjects
- creating and updating the National Diabetes Program
- approving and monitoring diabetes centres across Czech Republic
- co-ordinating and supporting diabetes outpatient clinics
- organising annual scientific meetings and other courses and lectures in the diabetes
- supporting the national health data registers (insulin pumps, gestational diabetes, children with diabetes etc.)
The Society has two Working Groups: Diabetic Foot Working Group and Psychological Working Group.